Wednesday, March 23, 2011

So, Let's Get On With It

Randomness, that's about all you're gonna get from me this time around.  So, what's new? You ask.  Well, not a whole lot I suppose.  I worked about 82 hours last week and spent a day and a half spent out in Kansas City for work.  It kind of went like this:
Monday-Job 1: 7am-4pm, run home, change clothes Job 2: 4:30pm-3:00am

Tuesday-Drag ass out of bed to get on airplane at 8am, arrive in Kansas City at 11:30, get lunch and work until almost 6.  My friend Chip drove in from Arkansas, picked me up where I was working and we hit the casino and proceeded to lose large amounts of money and drink until all rational decisions went right out the door at Harrah's.

Wednesday-Get up just in time to shower and get dropped off at airport while plane is already boarding.  Arrive back in Columbus at 4:30, drive out to pickup E and arrive back home shortly after 6.  Shower to get airplane cooties off me and at Job 2 by 7.  Work until almost 3:30 am

Thursday- Job 1: 7am-4pm.  Go home, say hello to children I haven't seen in weeks now and crash for a few because I'm supposed to be at Job 2 at 9.  Arrive at job 2 at 9 for the St. Patty's Day party.  They aren't busy enough to need me to work, so I proceed to get ridiculously drunk.  Josh shows up and gives me his usual speech about how we should be together.  I make the unwise decision to go to Waffle House with him for some after party grub.  We proceed to argue more in Waffle House and I tell him I'll walk home.  He says fine.  When we get out to the car I proceed to start walking toward home.  He makes it through the traffic light, tells me to get in and I respond with a FUUUUUUCK YOOOOUUU!  He takes off.  I should have known he would leave me there.  You know, normal guys would wait for me to learn my lesson and wait maybe at the bottom of the hill for me because it's obvious I'm still drunk and not dressed appropriately for the 3.5 mile walk home.  Not Josh.  He left me there.  Brandon (not my kid, another one I'm seeing occasionally) calls and says he's too drunk to come get me.  I tell him I'm fine and if he'll just talk to me while I'm walking it'll be all good.  I'm in a creepy industrial part of town.  I'm not scared, but it's still creepy.  My phone dies.... Fuck.  Ok then.  I walk and walk and walk.  Holy shit it takes a long time.  1 1/2 hours later I arrive at my house barefoot (because the high top Chuck Taylors are definitely not made for walking) and exhausted.  Crash and burn at 3:30.

Friday- Back up and at Job 1 at 7:00.  Damn, I'm too old for this shit.  I don't even know what went on at work this day.  I think I was pretty much Living Dead Girl.  Ugh.  Get picked up at 4, go home, change clothes and am at Job 2 by 4:30.  I have some boy text drama, which I'll outline in another post.  The crowd isn't deep, but those that are there are keeping me busy because it's apparent they are drinking off their St. Patty's day hangovers.  Finally done around 3:30 and head home.  CRASH out till my alarm goes off at 11 the next morning.

Saturday-Back to Job 2 at 1pm.  Lazy day with the old guys playing Keno.  It's a welcome relief.  Off work at 7, go around the bar to my normal seat and join the party as a patron.  I make it till like 9.  Brandon and I are off to the house to watch UFC.  I made it through like 3 fights and pass out.

Sunday-I wake up and forget where I am.  Oh yeah, home.  I look over and Brandon laughs at me for falling asleep so early Saturday night.  Oh well, he knows how much I've been working because he's my normal ride home from the bar.  I manage to get myself up and showered.  We decide I need food, something that I've been lacking on the regular for weeks now, and subsequently have dropped like 10 lbs, so we go eat.  Damn it, time for work again.  FUCK....  Work Job 2 from 1-8, pretty busy due to the basketball games, then move myself to the other side of the bar for a few.  I'm still fairly uncomfortable about being at work on Sunday nights, so Brandon takes me home around 11.  I convince him that I sleep better when he stays, so he does. Yay, sleep.

Monday- Start my week all over again at 7am, head to court for my custody dispute with E's dad, where it's determined he needs a Guardian at litem and our case is continued.  Fuck, there goes another $500.  Head back to Job 1, finish out the day there, go home, change clothes and head to Job 2, where I close it down around 2:30 with people trying their hardest to get me drunk.  Ugh.

Yesterday- Was less than productive at Job 1, picked up E from his dad and was home by 5:30.  I wanted sleep but my mom is running Gavin to soccer and I knew she would bitch me out if I took a nap.  So I cleaned.  My house was disgusting being as I wasn't home one night last week.  Ugh.  I managed to get through the laundry and get my room and the kitchen cleaned up.  That was all I had in me.  By 8:30 I was in bed having a hard time staying awake.  Brandon called and woke me up around 10 asking if he could come hang out for awhile and of course I said sure.  He only stayed for like an hour and I was back asleep 5 minutes after he walked out the door.

Today-Well, it's another long day.  Finishing up here at Job 1, which was relatively slow today and have to be at Job 2 by 7.  I'm living the dream I tell ya.  You know what would be really nice?  It would have been great if I could have bought myself something a little more than lunch this week with the almost thousand dollars I made at the bar last week.  Instead I turned around and gave my attorney money, paid up on soccer and paid for baseball.  I know, I know, I'm paying for things that need to be paid for, have groceries and all my utilities are actually caught up right now.  It just feels like I'm slaving away for nothing.  Ugh.  Hopefully I don't work myself to death and can actually enjoy making the money that I do someday....

Tomorrow we'll talk about the current boy situation if nobody breaks their computer between now and then, which will quite honestly take a miracle....

6 comments:

PorkStar said...

Damn, that all sounded so exhausting. Dunno how you do it.

FleaStiff said...

I'm not quite sure about why you have all these drunkards in your life who do things such as driving off and leaving you to stagger home on your own?

Old men playing Keno? Were you tending bar in a casino??

Tara said...

It's just something you do PorkStar. Kind of like autopilot I guess....

Flea, I certainly need to clean out my closet so to speak in the "friends" department. Ugh. Yes, old men playing Keno, such a fun thing we have in our bars here... Got to see one of my regulars hit $8,200 last week!

FleaStiff said...

>one of my regulars hit $8,200 last week!
I hope he left a decent tip. I once saw a guy come back from a fishing season with 47 grand... he left a quarter tip his first night back and when he thought I wasn't looking, he pocketed that!

FleaStiff said...

>I need to clean out my closet in the friends department
How did they get into that closet in the first place?

Tara said...

Flea-I'm thinking they hide in there when I'm not looking....