Monday, June 6, 2011
Are we seeing a trend here? Why yes, we are. We're seeing my legs get nice and tan as I worship the sun gods more and more regularly. Someday I'm gonna be 90 and pissed off that my skin is like leather. Ha, who am I kidding? I'll be lucky to make it to 50. My thighs look kinda fat in this picture. Ugh. They're really not, I swear. My kids make fun of me when I wear shorts and tennis shoes because it looks like my shoes are swallowing my legs. I can get my hand all the way around them and then some at the bottom.... Actually my run ragged lifestyle these days has caused me to drop a bit of weight, which I always think is a good thing. The other Tara says I'm starting to look like a crackhead. Awesome. She'd rather see me posing like this
Letting out my inner fat kid. Yes, that's a huge chunk off of a loaf of fresh french bread. Yum. Pay no attention that I look like crap. I was using the bread to soak up some of the alcohol and retardedness of the weekend yesterday. Let's just say that having 3 full days off work is not a good thing for me. I pretty much partied myself stupid and was reminded why Nicole and I don't hang out very often. Dear Jesus we're a trainwreck.
Friday started off with a bang. Specifically Tara crashing into my room at 7:00 jumping on my bed and telling me to get the fuck up, it was yard sale time. Ugh. I wanted to stay in bed. Brandon didn't have to be at work until 11, so I just wanted to stay there curled up and content. Instead I rolled out of bed, made him get up and help me drag all my useless shit down to Aprils for the annual hood yard sale. In hindsight, I'm glad we got up. I ended up making like $200 for my stuff, which was good because when I finally opened the last month's worth of mail yesterday I saw that I now owe my lawyer another $1200. Fabulous....
It was a long day, capped off by a makeup baseball game for the kids and by the time I got back to the hood, everyone was wasted and ready to go home. Nicole and I had other plans though, so it was all good. I was serving as her wingman for the night.
See, something weird was brewing. Nicole's ex has a really good friend, Mike. In fact they might be best friends. It's not uncommon for all of the soccer coaches (these two included) to hang out at Nicole's place of employment, but lately Mike has been hanging out there more than usual and he's been texting her wanting to hang out. Weird. We wanted to know what his ulterior motive was, so she invited him out on Friday night.
By the time he got there we were both well on our way to drunk. We had discussed before we got drunk that I found him totally fuckable and would probably take advantage if the opportunity arose. She gave me her blessing on that one. He and I have had this weird "I'm totally checking you out" thing going on at the soccer fields for quite some time, but we've never actually met.
Once he walked in and we were introduced, he was all about talking to me. Awesome. I can pry as to why he's trying to hang out with Nicole and perhaps get some action in the process.... I could use a bit of variety right now. Things on the sex front have been downright BORING lately. We'll get into that maybe another time.
After chatting with him for awhile he decides it's time to go. He doesn't live close and has to be up early the next morning, but asks me to walk out to the car with him. I see this as my opportunity to see why he's trying to mess with Nicole, so I say ok. I don't even remember what we talked about when I went out to the car. In fact, there might not have been any talking at all because as soon as we walked up to his car his tongue was down my throat. Awesome. I believe I tried to convince him to come back in the bar and come home with me and Nicole, but he declined, gave me his number and told me he'd text me Saturday. He leaves and I go back into the bar to get Nicole. For whatever reason we decided it would be a good idea to walk home. Eventually we get there and pass out.
Saturday morning greeted me the same as Friday morning. Tara storming into my room. I was still drunk and paid little Brandon $10 to do whatever she asked so I could sleep until we had to leave for baseball. By the time we got done with baseball they were shutting down the yard sale. Mike had texted me no less than 20 times that morning trying to hang out that night. Umm ok then. Nicole and I had absolutely no motivation to get ready and pretty much spent the 2nd half of the day napping and laying around. Finally at 9 we decided to motivate and go out. She sends some messages and finds out where everyone is. Turns out it's a bar that I've never been to, but Nicole knows reasonably well. Ok then. We call the cabbie and are off.
I had told Mike we were going someplace else earlier and when I text him that plans have changed, he's happy because it's closer for him to go to the new place. He's still kind of noncommittal about coming and I tell him whatever, thinking that the dudes in the bar were plentiful and if I really wanted to get some action it wouldn't be a problem. About an hour later I look up and see him smiling at me from across the bar. Ha, sucker. I walk over and get him to come over to our side of the bar and Nicole just looks at me like WTF? I shrug my shoulders and we continue our drinking.
Randomly Brandon texts me and asks me if I'll stay at his house when I'm done hanging out with my friends. Ugh. Umm... No? The whole thing was just weird. He has his kids this weekend and I'm still that dirty little secret, so I was confused as to why he would ask me that. After a couple of texts back and forth ending in me telling him that I didn't think drunk at 1am would be how I would want to meet the children, I get back to the business at hand and leave the bar with Mike.
See what I did here? I'm pushing Brandon away. Though hanging out with him all the time is nice and I really would like to settle down and live a semi-normal life, I just can't see myself doing it. Especially with him. I mean 6 kids between the two of us? Ugh. We all know that I don't even like my own kids that much sometimes, so I'm doubting that I could handle 3 more. Plus my house couldn't accommodate 4 more people, even if it was only part-time. Ugh. I'm really still kind of up in the air right now about the whole situation. I like being single and doing what I want, but I also want someone around, so it's really me that's the problem with this whole thing. Oh well....
Anyway, Sunday I rolled out out of bed and decided to head over to the waterpark with the big kids. Mom took E seeing as he still has the cast on his arm and keeping him away from the water would be impossible. It was fun. We got home and I did some stuff around the house waiting for Brandon to get there after he dropped the kids off. We ended up going out last night and he was picking at me the entire time. Across the bar I'm staring at one I let go because I thought Brandon was a better match for me... Now I'm wondering if that was the right decision.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment