So, yesterday I only had three hours of sleep before I had to get up and be at Job 1. Ugh. Needless to say, by the time I got home yesterday afternoon I was living dead girl. I walked in the house had some meaningless conversation with children who don't really care if I'm there or not and laid down for a nap. My explicit instructions were to wake me up at 7 because I had things to do and I really wanted to just get out and take a run last night (yeah, don't laugh, all the sudden I'm missing the gym for some reason).
When do I wake up? 6am this morning.... What.The.Fuck? Don't get me wrong, I feel fucking great today, but damn it, I had shit to do last night! Oh well, I suppose everything that I was supposed to do can wait until tomorrow. I'm taking a half day off tomorrow to get kids sport physicals and put back on their Adderall..... Yeah, they need it. Grades are slipping and things that need done just aren't getting done. Plus, we're less than 60 days from Gavin leaving for another country, so he'll probably need a healthy dose of Prozac to get him through the anxiety leading up to the trip. You can spare me comments about kids being over medicated and all that shit. I know what works in my household and it's certainly not what's going on right now....
We also have to go and get Gavin's passport paperwork turned in. Apparently since he's under 16 he actually has to go with me to submit the papers.. Whatever. I didn't realize how expensive it was to get a passport, but it's not like he doesn't have to have it or anything. Fun stuff. He looks absolutely fucking goofy in the picture they took for it the other day at Walgreens. If I remember to, I'll scan it because it's that funny...
Anywho, that's about it on this fine hump day. It's about lunchtime, so I think I'll go find a nice patio to sit and have lunch and enjoy the sunny and 75ish weather we're getting before it starts raining yet again :) Have a good one peeps!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sounds like a much needed rest!!!! I've been putting off getting my passport renewed because of the cost. It's crazy!
Good to hear you are hanging in there. xxoo
It felt soooo good Christine!! I've never had a passport and never really intend on getting one, but yeah, it's expensive. Even for a kid it's like $105, even more for adults!! Don't worry, I'm hanging in, as usual <3
Post a Comment