Friday, December 4, 2009

I FEEL LIKE......

A million dollars.....  Too bad I don't have a million dollars.....  I took Ev to daycare this morning, watched him smile brightly for the camera even though I know he's just as worn out as I am, then I left him and went back home to bed.  I had told the big kids not to lock the door when they left for school because I didn't take my key with me and sure as shit, they locked it.  Damn.  Luckily I was able to crawl through the bedroom window.  That was a nice way to start the morning....  I crawled right in that window, peeled off my boots and hit the bed hard.  I had made sure my phone was on silent, so the bill collectors wouldn't bother my peaceful slumber.

I had set my alarm to wake me up at 11:00 because I had to be into work at 1 and had some banking I had to do this fine payday Friday.  Yeah, I snoozed through it and woke up at 11:30.  Needless to say, the extra stuff I needed to get done didn't get done....  Well, visiting one bank got done and I arrived at work with 4 minutes to spare.

Do you guys have any Raising Cane's in your area?  Damn, those are some fucking awesome chicken fingers.  I had to stop on the way in because I was craving them.  A dollar a piece isn't cheap, but they're well worth it, and the people who work there are always so fucking nice!  I love some good service.  It's hard to come by and I wish you could tip the people at the drive-thru for providing good service.  Don't comment me about how it's their job and blah, blah, fucking blah.  Having spent years bartending and serving, I know there's a difference between doing your job and doing a fucking awesome job.  Some people have it and some don't.  Personally, I like to reward the ones that do a fucking awesome job and find it refreshing that people could be excited (or at least act) to do a job that pays them $2.14 an hour, or in the case of the drive-thru attendant, probably minimum wage. 

Anyways, sorry to stray off topic there.....  As of right now, I only have tentative plans for the weekend.  Gavin's got training tonight till 9:15 (yeah, what we won't do for our kids, right?), so I'm not gonna get my weekend started until later, but our favorite band is right down the street and there's no cover, so I'll probably go get him, make a road pop and head on over.  Catch a buzz in the parking lot, then head in.  We'll see.  Tara's pretty on the fence about going as of right now.  As for Saturday and Sunday?  I'm not sure.  I think I'm supposed to go to a craft show with my mom Saturday morning, then Gavin has a soccer game of course, but after that it's pretty much wide open.  We'll have to see what happens......

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

AT least you actually have things to do. I'm always stuck at home. That's why I read blogs I think. So I can live through other people. lol

Anonymous said...

I can identify with catchong a buzz in the parking lot, been doing that all my life :)

Secretia

Hurricane Mikey said...

Catching a buzz in the parking lot? There better be some old DLR-era Van Halen playing in on the car radio. Then it's like high school all over again!

Kate said...

I can relate to sleeping through the alarm and also pressing the snooze button a million times. The parking lot buzz sounds interesting too.

Kate xx
http://secretofficeconfessions.blogspot.com

Tara said...

Mikey - The only way it's gonna be like high school is if I'm drinking some Boone's or some Colt 45.... Two things I stay VERY far from these days!

Kate - Welcome!! I think we're all victims of our alarm clocks... Parking lot buzzes are much fun, but that's not the way everything ended up turning out :( BTW, love your blog!

Mejis - Isn't that what blogs are for? Even if I'm doing something interesting, I still like to check out what everyone else is doing, even if they may find it boring.