Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Random Amusing Things

So, I've got stuff to say, but I didn't wanna just lump them all into one big post.  I broke down and went to the doctor yesterday.  I've never had a sinus infection, but didn't wanna mess around with it being as the doctor's office will be closed for the holiday and I didn't wanna still be sick when Kyle comes home Wednesday night.  Turns out I do have a sinus infection and that cough that I've had for a month now, amongst other symptoms has turned into walking pneumonia, which caused the sinus infection.  Fucking lovely.  He didn't want to give me a prescription.  He wanted me to wait it out another week to see if my body would get rid of it on its own. 

Luckily we got to talking about me being so tired and run down and the baby and he decided he'd just give me the antibiotics while I was there, instead of risking me spreading it to Ev or the big kids.  Well, truth be told, I probably got the infection from one of them, but whatever.  I'm all for not being totally miserable and it wasn't healing itself, I was getting worse by the hour yesterday.  Now I've got 1000 milligrams of Biaxin in me per day for the next 10 days, so I should be good to go.  I really don't feel as bad as I probably should, but I'm used to feeling like crap all the time due to getting very little sleep.  The big kids stayed down at T's house last night since they're on winter break, so after Ev went to bed, I did the same.  Today was the first day of Secret Santa at work and if it weren't for that, I woulda stayed home today just for the extra rest.  Oh well, I'll sleep when I'm dead I guess.

In other news, I'm totally not feeling the "Christmas Spirit".  I don't know what my problem is.  Perhaps it's that my kids will each have one gift under the tree to open.  Don't get me wrong, they got presents, new snowboards, bindings, ski passes, new coats, the damned wireless adapter for the Xbox 360, but those are things that they've already gotten.  No sense in taking them and wrapping them, right?  They're too old for all that shit.  I picked up the two video games they wanted yesterday and I'll wrap them so that they have something to unwrap.  As for Ev, I'm not really gonna worry about him this year.  He's too little to really know what is going on with the whole Christmas thing.  Although, he did have a super good time unwrapping presents at Nana's house.   He'd tear a piece of wrapping paper off and then promptly shove it in his mouth.  He was more excited over the paper than the toys he got.  That's little kids though.  I remember when I got a new dishwasher and the big kids played in the box for weeks.  It makes me a little sad that things like that no longer interest them.

So, the wireless adapter for the Xbox 360?  Yeah, what a pain in the ass.  I decided that rather than having the cable that runs all the way from B's room through the hall, across the living room and into the Xbox, I'd get them the adapter.  I've got a nice wireless setup in the house, so it made the most sense.  Plus I'm tired of accidentally touching the cable and them getting pissed because it disconnects them. We've been going back and forth about getting it though.  It was $100, which I think is totally ridiculous.  I went to Walmart on Sunday to pick it up while I was getting groceries.  No dice.  They were out of it.  FUCK, off to Best Buy yesterday while I was waiting on my prescriptions.  I find it and it's the last one they have.  While I'm there I see that Left For Dead 2 is on sale and that's what B really wanted.  What to get G though?  After perusing the kill kill kill section that is Xbox 360 games, I find it.  Madden 10.  Perfect.  I head for the checkout.  I knew the line would be long, there were a zillion people in the store.  I didn't think it would stretch halfway around the store and be 200 people deep though.  Damn, I was on a time crunch, but I knew putting back that adapter would probably mean I wouldn't get one in time for Christmas.  I waited and I'll give the Best Buy people credit, they really moved the line, having one person standing at the head of the line directing people to the registers.  I only waited about 20 minutes and was outta there with my bank account $227 lighter.

What else?  Oh yeah, on to the funny (well to me anyways).  Nicole called me yesterday.  I assumed it was because she needed me to watch her kid again.  Turns out I was wrong.  She wanted to let me know that she was out with her douchebag guy Saturday night and they saw the ex-husband and hung out with him "because we felt bad he was at the bar alone".  Apparently several shots later, Nicole thought it would be a good idea to invite him to her mom's holiday open house on Christmas Eve....  She called her mom to make sure it was ok with her and of course it was.  Everyone loved the ex, except me apparently.  Her mom pointed out that she should have called me to clear it before she asked him.  Nicole said she'd call me, in the mean time, her mother called mine to make sure it was ok with her.  My mom said she didn't care, but they should check with me.  So I get the call from Nicole yesterday and I laugh when she tells me the whole story.  Do I care that he's gonna be there?  No, I really don't.  First of all there will be so many people there that we probably won't have to speak.  Second of all, he'll be alone because if I remember correctly, this would be a year where he doesn't get his kid until Christmas day.  Third, I won't have Ev with me, so that'll curb all the weirdness. 

There are plenty of reasons Ev would create a ton of weirdness, first and foremost being as I made the ex get clipped so that we wouldn't have anymore kids, which he was opposed to, but did anyway. I see him at the bar all the time and he's been back to my house after one of the times with all of us, but I really haven't talked to him.  In my opinion getting a divorce means you don't have to deal with the person anymore, right?  Most of the time I'm with Kyle and Kyle knows who he is and is uncomfortable with the situation, so I don't press things any further than saying hello.  So whatever, we'll see how all that goes.

Hmmm, what else?  I think that's about it, I'm just suffering through these last couple of days at work.  Christmas will be unspectacular I'm sure, so there won't be much to write about unless something goes totally crazy.  Tara and I have a date to get drunk Christmas Eve.  I'll need it after going to church, dealing with Ev's grandma and then seeing the ex.  Then Christmas morning we'll sleep in, get up and have breakfast, then head over to mom's house to open gifts.  After that, who knows....

3 comments:

Kate said...

Wishing you lots of luck. I hope you have a good Christmas and you are very luck in 2010

Kate xxx
http://secretofficeconfessions.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I do hope your sinus infection clears up quick, and your holidays make you and the kids happy! Give yourself the gift of enough rest, it's the gift you need. Be well, and have fun.

Secretia

Tara said...

Thanks ladies. I'm feeling lots better already luckily, but I'll be doing pretty much nothing but laying around snuggled up with my boy during the holiday :)

Merry Christmas to the both of you :)