Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sex On Fire....

Is it just me, or does that song title make you think of an undesirable issue or two down below the belt? It's a super good song though.... Maybe I shoulda called this We Didn't Start the Fire...

Anywho, I used to make fun of Pennsylvania and Kentucky for their "Fire Safe" Cigarettes. Fucking idiots burning themselves and their homes up falling asleep while smoking. Really? Damn hillbillies!! I found it incredibly annoying two weeks ago while I was in PA (nevermind the fact it cost me like $6.50 for a pack, poor planning on my part...) that every time I set down my smoke or even tilted it funny, that it went out. How annoying is that shit? Super annoying if you don't have your own lighter.

Anyways, Tuesday I bought a pack (I know Linda, I know....) and was excited because there was a coupon in it! I noticed right off the bat though something was wrong with them. They tasted stale and weren't burning right. Kinda developing runs in them like...... well you know, back in the good old days :) I refrained from licking my finger to stop the runs as I would have if it were something more recreational and fun. Sure as shit, I set it in the ashtray and it went out. WTF?

Dve was down hanging out last night and says to me "Did ya notice they went and fucked up our smokes?" and proceeded to show me the imprint by the bar code labeled FSC, as in fire safe cigarette. How tricky you are Marlboro man. You give me coupons to make me happy I'm spending less than $5 a pack and do a quick switch for a retard cigarette. No warning, no nothing. The simple thing to say is that I'm going to quit because my reds now taste like shit and annoy me, but what am I going to do? Yeah, I'm going to go in tonight and see if Camel has made the switch, if not, I'm a Camel girl now, not to be convinced with the all too ugly Camel Toe...... I'm just not ready to quit yet, no matter what Linda Lou tells me about premature aging.....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok I must live under a rock because I've never even heard of fire safe cigs.

Vegas Linda Lou said...

HAHAHA! I love you.

Josie said...

Hi Tara,

I'm guessing that I'm your Boston, MA visitor. I checked out your blog after reading either Mikey's or Linda's (can't remember which).

Don't they both rock? Kinda makes you want to move to Vegas (well, at least visit).

Take care,

Josie

Anonymous said...

Sex On Fire, makes me think of hot sex!

Secretia

Tara said...

@Secretia - well yeah, normally I would think exactly that, but I'm in a weird frame of mind right now :)

@Josie - Glad you're here! You're right, they both do rock. Love 'em!

Tara said...

Oh and Mejis, really? They're trying to sneak them in here. Nobody's said anything about it, but sure as shit, regular smokes are disappearing from the shelves. It's like a treasure hunt to find non-fire safe smokes right now :)